Saturday, August 2, 2014

8th Sunday after Pentecost, August 3, 2014

Psalm 17:1-7, 15

Hear my plea of innocence, O LORD; give heed to my cry; * listen to my prayer, which does not come from lying lips
Let my vindication come forth from your presence; * let your eyes be fixed on justice.
Weigh my heart, summon me by night, * melt me down; you will find no impurity in me.
I give no offense with my mouth as others do; * I have heeded the words of your lips.
My footsteps hold fast to the ways of your law; * in your paths my feet shall not stumble.
I call upon you, O God, for you will answer me; *incline your ear to me and hear my words.
Show me your marvelous loving-kindness, * O Savior of those who take refuge at your right hand from those who rise up against them.
Whose bellies you fill with your treasure, * who are well supplied with children and leave their wealth to their little ones.

Reflections: How easily we justify ourselves and condemn others before God. But where does Christ teach us to place our confidence, in our innocence, or in God’s mercy?

No comments:

Post a Comment