Friday, July 18, 2014

6th Sunday after Pentecost, July 20, 2014
Psalm 1:39, 1-12, 23-24

LORD, you have searched me out and known me; * you know my sitting down and my rising up; you discern my thoughts from afar.
You trace my journeys and my resting-places * and are acquainted with all my ways.
Indeed, there is not a word on my lips, * but you, O LORD, know it altogether.
You press upon me behind and before * and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; * it is so high that I cannot attain to it.
Where can I go then from your Spirit? * where can I flee from your presence?
If I climb up to heaven, you are there; * if I make the grave my bed, you are there also;
If I take the wings of the morning * and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there your hand will lead me * and your right hand hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will cover me, * and the light around me turn to night,"
Darkness is not dark to you; the night is as bright as the day; * darkness and light to you are both alike.
For you yourself created my inmost parts; * you knit me together in my mother's womb.
Search me out, O God, and know my heart; * try me and know my restless thoughts.
Look well whether there be any wickedness in me * and lead me in the way that is everlasting.


Reflections: One of the deep, majestic psalms. God’s light and life, invisible to us, penetrates and fills even our deepest darkness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment